Thursday, 23 July 2020
AuDacity Forge Ahead and Forge Ahead Down Under—Go Big and Stay Home!
The Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA) in collaboration with the Independent Audiologists Australia (IAA) and the Independent Audiologists New Zealand (IANZ) will welcome audiologists, students, industry partners, and thought leaders from virtually everywhere on October 16-17, 2020 for AuDacity Forge Ahead and Forge Ahead Down Under (where you can learn about ears, network with peers, buy gear, enhance your career--and bring your own beer). Register by September 8th to get an AuDacity conference kit (while supplies last).
Friday’s agenda features fast-paced keynote and panel sessions, along with plenty of opportunities to network in the exhibit hall. View the preliminary agenda (all times listed Eastern Time USA). Conference activities will run for 21 consecutive hours—covering time zones across the globe! After a brief hiatus, AuDacity’s educational program will start up again on Saturday with innovative workshops including the following sessions:
- Cochlear Implant Remote Programming, Ginger Grant, Au.D.
- Hearing Aid Remote Programming and Telehealth Issues, Multiple Presenters
- Ethical Considerations for Audiologists, Michael Page, Au.D.
- Third-Party Administrators and Market Differentiation, Kim Cavitt, Au.D.
- Performance Indicators and Profitability in Private Practice, Multiple Presenters
- Amplify Your Impact: Personal Styles and Learning to Listen, David Citron, III, Ph.D., Victor Bray, Ph.D., and Robert Traynor Ed.D., MBA.
- Student Track
Stay tuned – more details to follow. Your AuDacity registration fee gives you access to all the action.
AuDacity Welcomes Participating State Societies
AuDacity is pleased to welcome the Kentucky Academy of Audiology, Massachusetts Academy of Audiology, Oregon Academy of Audiology, and Washington State Academy of Audiology as participating organizations. If you are a member of one of these organizations, contact them for your special discount code to get the ADA member rate.
If your state association has cancelled its 2020 or 2021 conference due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and you are seeking a cost-effective way to provide your members with a spectacular virtual conference experience, ADA can help.
- Send the AuDacity discount code to your members and VIPs.
- Your members can use the discount code to receive the special ADA member rate for AuDacity.
- Your association will receive a $50 rebate for every eligible attendee that registers for AuDacity using your organization’s unique discount code*.
ADA will be pleased to provide participating state societies with a designated virtual meeting space to hold member business meetings or board a meeting during the AuDacity conference, if needed.
Audiology Practices Can Reserve a Career Fair Booth for Only $500
Audiology practices seeking externs, employees, and/or partners are encouraged to participate in the AuDacity Career Fair.
- Includes one (1) full-conference registration and up to two (2) additional exhibit-only representatives.
- Must be listed under practice/clinic name and may not be used to market products or services beyond available externship and employment positions.
AuDacity Student Scholarship Applications Now Available
Calling all audiology students! If you are interested in attending a world class educational audiology conference and networking with other students and audiologists from around the globe, you are encouraged to apply for an AuDacity student scholarship. Attendees will also have the opportunity to attend the AuDacity Marketplace and Career Fair in the virtual exhibit hall.
AuDacity Student Scholarship Requirements:
- Applicant must be enrolled in the Fall of 2020 as a student in an accredited audiology training program.
- Applicant must be a student member of ADA. Student memberships are only $25 for the remainder of 2020. If you're not already a student member, click here to join.
- The deadline to apply is September 8, 2020.
Complete the 2020 AuDacity Student Scholarship Application.
HHTM Announces Hearing Technology Innovator AwardsTM Program: Inaugural Nominations Open and Winners to be Recognized at AuDacity 2020
HHTM awards will be conferred in five categories. Category winners and the “Innovation of the Year” award winner will be announced during the Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA) virtual conference, AuDacity 2020.