Thursday, 16 April 2020
Check Out the Spring 2020 Issue of Audiology Practices
The latest issue of ADA's quarterly magazine, Audiology Practices, is now available online.
Our lead article from Amyn M. Amlani, Ph.D., Pricing in Hearing Healthcare: Which Race Are You Running?, addresses the issue of market segmentation and the effects of reduced retail pricing and health insurance on consumer decision-making.
In hearing healthcare, price continues to be a hot-button topic of discussion among consumers, providers, advocacy groups, legislators, professional organizations, and manufacturers of consumer electronic products and traditional hearing aids. The fundamental issue is that consumers and their supporters believe the costs associated with and the value received in treating impaired hearing are misaligned. This disparity is one reason that impaired listeners do not adopt or delay adopting amplification technology, despite its positive effects on improved quality of life. However, rather than focusing its value-proposition of enhanced service delivery, the supply-side of the market is hedging a bet that reduced retail prices will entice a marked uptick in impaired listeners purchasing amplification technology. Read more.
Other articles available in the Spring 2020 issue include:
- Stop Trying to Sell Hearing Aids and Get Busy Guiding Consumers with Hearing Difficulties to Action
- Modernizing Hearing Health Space: Moving Past the First Fit Approach
- Is the Audiogram Needed to Fit Hearing Aids?
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Thinking Through the Risks and Rewards of Private Practice
- Customization is the Antidote for Automation
Plus, our regular features:
- President's Message: Stronger Together
- Headquarter's Report: ADA Strategic Plan Initiatives Must be Designed to Support Members in 2020 and Beyond
- Go Figure: Customizing Gain Leads in Optimal Results
- The Source: Tele-Audiology Resource Guide
- The Source: Remote Hearing Aid Evaluation, Fitting and Management by Audiologists
- Have You Heard?
Past articles of Audiology Practices are also available online.