Benefits of Membership
ADA is a member-driven organization, managed from the ground-up, thanks to the dedication of its 1,400+ members. We take pride in serving you transparently! ADA and its leaders are dedicated to your personal growth and professional success - and to ensuring that you get an exceptional return on your membership investment.
ADA Offers the Following Member Services:
- Staying Connected: ADA offers a variety of communication networking opportunities for busy professionals to stay connected and current on issues affecting their profession and their practice.
- Audiology Practices: The official quarterly magazine of the Academy of Doctors of Audiology, providing timely information and thought-provoking articles about issues relevant to Doctors of Audiology. Your ADA membership includes online access to the Audiology Practices archive.
- ADAlerts/LegislativeAlerts: Electronically delivered newsletters which inform members of pressing legislative action and other time-sensitive issues.
- E-Mail Support: Your
- Political Action Committee (PAC): ADA is actively campaigning Congress on your behalf, to ensure that audiologists are a recognized entry point to hearing and balance healthcare and to ensure that patients have their choice of qualified provider for audiologic services. Join your colleagues and find out how you can make a difference.
Professional Liability and Business Office Insurance
Whether you aim to buy insurance for the first time, switch from another carrier, or supplement your employer’s coverage, insurance is available to protect you in a broad range of settings in which audiologists practice.
If you are looking for opportunities to learn and network with other audiologists, thought leaders and innovators, then the ADA Convention is a necessity! Stay current in this rapidly changing profession through ADA’s unrivalled business and clinical courses, designed to be put into practice, in your practice, immediately. ADA is proud to be leading the way, pushing the limits and encouraging audiologists to stay ahead of trends in this rapidly changing profession. ADA Members save $100 on registration towards AuDacity.
Additional Benefits for Student Members
Reduced Conference Fees for Students: Promoting networking, professional collaboration, and discussions with exhibitors and innovators, ADA annual conventions are information-packed, motivating and enjoyable. ADA encourages all students to attend the ADA Convention by offering reduced conference fees for full-time students.
Already a member and need to renew/update your membership? First make sure you're logged in to the website, and then click the button below.
Is ADA right for you? The answer is yes if:
- You want to belong to a professional organization that provides valuable practice management resources you can use in your business, right now, today.
- You want to have access to expert reimbursement consulting advice so that you can follow best practices for coding, billing and collections and maximize your profit margin.
- You want to help advance advocacy efforts that will ensure patient access to audiologic healthcare and professional parity for audiologists with other doctoring professionals.
- You want to be informed of any changes in Medicare and HIPAA so that your practice stays compliant with laws and regulations.
- You want to stay current on professional ethics issues.
- You want to attend conferences that feature speakers and topics relevant to current trends and best practices in audiology, while learning about new products and innovations in the industry.
- You want to belong to an organization that supports students by providing mentoring opportunities, scholarships and reduced fees for attending conventions.
- You want to receive Audiology Practices, ADA's cutting-edge quarterly publication, featuring articles that reflect current trends in Audiology, with submissions by the profession’s leading experts.
- You want to be part of an organization that will advocate for your profession and keep you informed when legislative action is needed.
- You want to be a member of an organization that has played a primary leadership role in shaping the audiology profession’s autonomy and identity as a doctoring profession.
Welcome to the Academy of Doctors of Audiology (ADA), the only national membership association focused on ownership of the audiology profession through autonomous practice and practitioner excellence as its primary purposes. ADA is the premier network and resource for audiologists interested in private practice.
The Academy of Doctors of Audiology estimates that the non-deductible portion of your 2022 ADA dues – the portion that is allocable to lobbying – is 50.0%.
ADA strives to provide members with the knowledge, skills and resources necessary to achieve an ownership position in professional practices. ADA members have continuing access to the information, education insights and relationships that reflect and support best clinical and business practices.
Types of Memberships
Open to all audiologists who hold a doctoral level degree. Please note: Graduates of an accredited AuD program, who are current Student members in good standing, will receive their first year’s Fellow membership following graduation, free of charge.
Open to any individual who possesses a graduate degree in audiology or an allied profession and who supports the activities and goals of the ADA, but who does not meet any of the membership criteria for Fellowship. Associate members are non-voting members of the Academy.
Open to any individual who serves as an audiologist assistant, working under the supervision of an audiologist who is an ADA fellow member. The Audiology Assistant Application is also available for download.
Open to students currently enrolled in a full-time Au.D. program in a regionally accredited university, who support the activities of ADA. Individuals enrolled in an Au.D. distance learning program who hold a graduate degree in audiology are not eligible for student membership.
This bundled membership option will allow all eligible audiologists and audiologist assistants from one practice to receive member benefits. Each practice will receive one issue per mailing of Audiology Practices magazine.
ADA now offers a convenient resource subscription for those who are ineligible for ADA fellow, associate or life membership, but who will benefit from access to many of the resources available through ADA and its website. The $50 annual subscription is ideal for practice managers, industry representatives and billing and coding professionals who would like ongoing access to ADA’s library of resources and up-to-date association news.
Open to members who are retired and have at least 15 years of membership in ADA. Members who qualify may purchase lifetime membership for a one-time fee of $525. This will entitle member to all rights and privileges for as many years as they choose to participate in ADA thereafter. Once approved, lifetime members will not be asked to renew annually or at any time in the future.
Partner with ADA to advance your career and your profession.